Vietnam E-visa: All You Need to Know
Vietnam’s e-Visa is a simple, online visa approval process available to citizens of 80 countries. Payment and delivery of the e-Visa is done entirely online, and takes three working days. You will find everything you need to know about applying for Vietnam’s e-Visa in this article.
What is Vietnam’s e-Visa?
Vietnam’s e-Visa is one of several visa types offered by the Vietnam Immigration Department to foreigners entering the country. The e-Visa is valid for 30 days, and single entry only. The e-Visa costs US$ 25 for card payments. It requires three full working days to process. As of July 2020, Vietnam’s e-Visa is available to nationals of 80 countries. From March 15, 2022, when Vietnam reopened to international travellers, it is available again to nationals of 80 countries
International travellers can apply directly at Official website of Vietnam Immigration Department for e-Visas at: Vietnam e-Visa Official Website
Which countries are eligible for the e-visa?
Before applying, make sure your nationality is one of those approved for Vietnam’s e-Visa:
- Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China (including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders, not applicable to Chinese e-passport holders), Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russia, Salomons Islands, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Timor Leste, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, and Western Samoa.
Vietnam E-visa and its requirements
- A passport with six (6) months’ validity
- A photo in .jpg format of your full passport data page
- A passport-size photo in .jpg format (4×6 cm, white background, without glasses)
- A valid international credit or debit card
- An email address for support purposes and getting e-visa granted
- A temporary address within Vietnam (your first hotel address)
- Your entry and exit dates and entry and exit points/airports
How to Apply for Vietnam’s e-Visa
- Open the official website of Vietnam Immigration Department for Vietnam’s e-Visa Application
- Upload .jpg images of your passport data page and passport-size photo
- Fill up all required info from your passport data page
- Fill up all required info regarding your trip
- Pay the e-Visa fee using any of the payment methods offered
- Receive your registration code and save the number
Important note: Be sure to save your registration number – you will need it to check and download your e-visa later on
Where to Download Your Vietnam e-Visa
After applying for your e-Visa online, you’ll need to wait three working days for your visa to be granted. After three days, you may search for your visa at this link.
Enter your registration code, email, and date of birth to gain access to your e-visa. Download the .pdf file and print your e-Visa in two copies for safety and keep it handy when travelling. If three working days have passed and your visa is still unavailable, email Vietnam’s e-Visa Support at this page. Alternatively, contact your travel agency and ask them for help with checking.
How to Use Your e-Visa in Vietnam
Your e-Visa is valid for entry at any of 33 international checkpoints within the country, including eight international airports. For the full list of airports, seaports and border crossings where the e-Visa is accepted, please click here.
Upon arrival in Vietnam, submit your passport and your printed e-Visa at the immigration counter.
Important note: Keep your printed e-Visa to show at check-in for your flight to Vietnam
Most Frequently Asked Questions about e-Visas to Vietnam
+ What if my name is too long or includes special characters?
Write your full name as it appears in the ICAO line of your passport data page.
+ What if I want to enter Vietnam before my e-Visa validity period?
You must completea new e-Visa application. The previous e-Visa application will be cancelled once the new e-Visa is issued
+ Can I enter Vietnam after the entry date on my application?
Your visa is valid from the start to end dates specified. You can enter the country any time within those dates.
+ Do I need to queue at the Visa on Arrival counter in Vietnam?
You do not need to queue at Visa on Arrival counters. You can bring your printed e-Visa and passport directly to the immigration counter.
We wish you good luck with your application and sincerely hope that your trip to Vietnam is once in a lifetime.