Southeast Asia’s most exciting destination, Vietnam allure travelers with its natural beauty, rich history and cuisine. Vietnam tour packages from Singapore make visiting Vietnam easy and convenient. This comprehensive guide will help you plan the perfect Vietnam holiday.
Why Book Tour Packages to Vietnam from Singapore
Booking an organized Vietnam tour package from Singapore offers many benefits compared to solo, DIY travel:
- Save time planning – reputable tour operators design efficient Vietnam itineraries hitting all major highlights
- Travel in comfort via private transfers between destinations
- Stress-free – guides take care of logistics like hotels, transport
- Gain local expertise from knowledgeable guides
- Meet other travelers for camaraderie and safety
- Often better value compared to individual arrangements
Group tours often cost less than customized private tours. Both have their pros and cons to weigh when choosing Vietnam tour packages from Singapore.
How to Select Vietnam Tour Packages from Singapore
Consider these factors when selecting among Vietnam tour package options from Singapore:
- Duration – Most last one to three weeks. Pick based on your available time.
- Destinations – Packages include different parts like Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta.
- Budget – Vietnam tours range from budget-friendly to luxury.
- Group vs private – Group tours often cost less but private tours are more personalized.
- Read reviews from previous travellers for insight on tour operators.
Research and compare multiple Vietnam tour packages from Singapore to find the best match for your interests and budget.
Top Places to Visit in Vietnam
From bustling cities to natural splendors, these are the must-see places in Vietnam popular on tours from Singapore:
The charming capital of Vietnam charms with historic architecture, tranquil lakes, delicious street food and buzzing Old Quarter.
Ho Chi Minh City
The most modern and energetic city in Vietnam rewards visitors with sights like Notre Dame Cathedral, Reunification Palace and vibrant markets.
Ha Long Bay
Cruise amongst the emerald waters and towering limestone islands of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Wander the quaint lanes of this ancient town dotted with temples, shophouses and Japanese Bridge illuminated by lanterns at night.
Visit floating markets, fruit orchards and villages via boat to experience the “rice bowl” of Vietnam.
Best Time to Visit Vietnam
Vietnam enjoys a tropical climate with distinct seasons:
- Spring (March – April) offers pleasant weather ideal for sightseeing.
- Summer (May – August) brings hot, humid weather and chance of rain.
- Autumn (September – November) boasts lower humidity and temperatures. Ideal season for many travelers.
- Winter (December – February) sees cooler weather in the North while South Vietnam stays tropical.
Research weather patterns when scheduling your Vietnam tour package from Singapore to optimize sightseeing comfort. The moderate spring and autumn months suit most visitors.
Popular Vietnam Tour Packages from Singapore
Vietnam is a diverse country extending over 1650 km from north to south. Tailor your travel itinerary and tour package duration to your main interests:
- Northern Vietnam (1 week+) – Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Pu Luong trekking, Sapa trekking
- Central Vietnam (1 weeks) – Hue, Hoi An, Danang, Golden Bridge, Hai Van Pass
- Ho Chi Minh City & Mekong Delta (1 week) – Dynamic Ho Chi Minh City and rural Mekong Delta
Hanoi – Vietnam’s Charming Capital
Hanoi charms visitors with historic architecture, peaceful lakes, delicious cuisine and vibrant Old Quarter. Top highlights include:
- Hoan Kiem Lake – Stroll this scenic lake and visit temples on Ngoc Son Island.
- Temple of Literature – Vietnam’s first university founded in 1070 with elegant courtyards.
- Tran Quoc Pagoda – Oldest pagoda in Hanoi on a peninsula of West Lake.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum – View the preserved body of “Uncle Ho”, Vietnam’s revolutionary leader.
- Hanoi Old Quarter – Wander the atmospheric narrow lanes lined with shops.
Magnificent Ha Long Bay
A bucket list highlight for many visitors to Vietnam is cruising the emerald waters and limestone islets of UNESCO World Heritage Site Ha Long Bay. Over 1600 islands and islets dot the bay, creating an unforgettable seascape.
Most Vietnam tour packages from Singapore include a Ha Long Bay cruise. Spend 1-3 days sailing amongst spectacular karst formations like Sung Sot Cave and Ti Top Island. Cruise itineraries vary from budget dorm-style boats to luxury vessels with fine dining and kayaking.
Charming Hoi An
The ancient town of Hoi An ranks among Vietnam’s most atmospheric destinations. Once a busy port, its now a pedestrianized center perfect for wandering.
Top attractions include:
- Old Town – Stroll narrow lanes past historic shop houses and temples
- Japanese Bridge – Symbolic bridge dating to 1590 with a Buddhist temple
- Floating Lanterns – Hoi An’s signature sight, especially beautiful at night
- Cuisine – Dine on local specialties like cao lau noodles
No Vietnam tour is complete without visiting enchanting Hoi An. Most tours spend two days exploring the sights.
Vibrant Ho Chi Minh City
While Hanoi charms with historic architecture, Ho Chi Minh City impresses visitors with its modern energy and cosmopolitan vibe. Highlights include:
- Notre Dame Cathedral – Neo-Romanesque cathedral built between 1877-1883
- Reunification Palace – Iconic 1960s building where the Vietnam War ended
- Cu Chi Tunnels – Vast underground network used by the Viet Cong during the war
- Markets – Shop for souvenirs at Ben Thanh Market or bargain at local markets
History buffs can also tour the Cu Chi Tunnels and War Remnants Museum to learn about the Vietnam War. Beyond the sights, just strolling the lively streets of Saigon is a highlight.
Mekong Delta Boat Trips
No trip to southern Vietnam is complete without a boat excursion around the Mekong Delta. Often called “the rice bowl” of Vietnam, the fertile delta features green rice paddies, orchards, floating markets and villages.
Most Vietnam tour packages from Singapore include a Mekong Delta day trip or multi-day tour on boats. Cruise along the maze of canals and waterways meeting local villagers. See fruit orchards and sample tropical fruit. Shop for souvenirs at colorful floating markets. It provides a fascinating glimpse into rural Vietnamese life.
Where to Stay in Vietnam
Vietnam offers diverse lodging options suiting various budgets and styles beyond major brand hotels:
- Boutique hotels – Stylish, intimate hotels often housed in historic buildings
- Resorts – Seaside and mountain resorts ideal for relaxing stays
- Cruise cabins – Sleep aboard Halong Bay and Mekong Delta cruise boats
- Eco-lodges – Rustic, nature-based cabins in places like Pu Luong, Sapa and Phong Nha
Reputable tour operators offer a range of hand-picked hotel choices. Or upgrade to luxury accommodations.
Vietnamese food ranks among the world’s best with its balance of fresh, bright flavours. Sample regional specialties during your Vietnam trip like:
- Pho – Signature rice noodle soup flavored with herbs and beef or chicken
- Banh mi – Baguette sandwiches with meat, pâté, pickled veggies and chili
- Spring rolls – Crispy fried rolls with pork, shrimp, herbs and peanut dipping sauce
- Cao lau – Thick noodles mixed with pork, greens and croutons
- Egg coffee – Sweet Vietnamese coffee topped with egg foam
Most tours include some meals highlighting authentic cuisine. Also take food tours and cooking classes.
Getting Around Vietnam
Vietnam boasts relatively good transportation infrastructure making getting around the country efficient. Ways to travel on Vietnam tours:
- Domestic flights – Fast way to cover long distances between Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City
- Trains – Reliable, scenic way to travel between main cities and sights
Having an experienced guide arrange all transportation logistics makes touring Vietnam stress-free.
Packing Tips for Vietnam
Pack light, breathable clothing along with these essentials for Vietnam:
- Light jacket for cool weather in Hanoi and Sapa
- Rain jacket or umbrella during wet season
- Good walking shoes for trekking and sightseeing
- Sun hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Mosquito repellent and anti-itch cream
- Prescription medications in original bottles
- Universal outlet adapter
- Photocopy of passport in case original is lost/stolen
- Collapsible water bottleVietnam is hot and humid year-round, so pack light clothing that dries quickly. Dress modestly when visiting temples.
Top Activities in Vietnam
Beyond sightseeing, Vietnam offers endless active experiences to enjoy:
- Trekking – Hike Sapa rice terraces, Black Hmong villages or jungle in Phong Nha National Park
- Kayaking – Paddle along Halong Bay’s scenic limestone islands or around Hoi An
- Cycling – Bike around Hanoi or the rural terrain of the Mekong Delta
- Cu Chi Tunnels – Crawl through the historic tunnel network from the Vietnam War
- Cooking class – Learn to prepare local dishes like pho and spring rolls
- River cruising – Relax on scenic boat trips in the Mekong River Delta
Many active experiences are included on Vietnam tour packages or available as add-on excursions.
Booking Your Vietnam Tour Package from Singapore
Follow these tips for booking an amazing Vietnam tour package from Singapore:
- Research Vietnam tour packages offered by reputable Singapore-based agencies online
- Read reviews and travelers’ feedback on tour companies, guides and itineraries
- Select a tour matching your budget, interests and travel style
- Book early to reserve your preferred departure dates
- Purchase travel insurance covering medical emergencies abroad
- Apply for Vietnam visa online if needed before your trip
- Download Vietnam travel guides and phrasebooks to prepare
With an efficient Vietnam tour package from Singapore or contact us as your local DMC/local expert in Vietnam, you’ll enjoy the convenience of having transportation, guiding, hotels and sightseeing arranged by local experts. Avoid hassles and have the trip of a lifetime in amazing Vietnam!