“When will Vietnam open borders for tourism?” This question is tricky to answer at the moment due to the negative impacts of COVID-19 all over the world.
There will be more to bear in mind before starting your trip for travelers who are planning to discover Vietnam in 2021 besides your travel documents. And now we will take a closer look.
When Will Vietnam Open Borders For Tourism?
When will Vietnam reopen to tourists? It’s dependent on different factors. Vietnam has applied many methods to improve the negative impacts of the pandemic.
Solutions For COVID-19 Situation
Like most countries around the world, Vietnam has been looking for solutions to limit the damage caused by the pandemic, especially to the tourism sector.
The prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic are at the forefront. At the same time, Vietnam still maintains the image of an ideal destination with many scenic spots to keep international tourist’s interests in the country.
Vietnamese Government has set new goals for tourism in 2021; specifically, the industry will be re-engineered to adapt to the market.
Businesses, localities, and tourist destinations are encouraged to plan and prepare preferential travel packages to immediately accommodate tourists when opening the borders.
Vietnam Is Ready To Recover In 2021
Is Vietnam open for tourism in 2021? Based on the actual situation, the recovery of Vietnam tourism in 2021 is completely feasible. It’s predicted that its revival’s speed will be faster than the global average, which is about six months to one year.
During the resumption of operations, businesses will be supported to diversify products with the long-term aim of curbing the possible recession. As a result, tourism businesses can quickly adapt to return to the market and open to welcome international tourists.
Tourist destinations and renovations are expected to be improved in quality. The country has begun to implement promotion and stimulation programs to attract more foreign tourists in preparation for the surge of travel demands after the pandemic.
In general, there are many possibilities for Vietnam to recover soon once it reopens borders for tourism in 2021, which was expected to be in the fourth quarter – from October 2021.
How About Covid-19 Situation In Vietnam 2021?
Before finding the answer to the questions “Is Vietnam open for tourism now?” or “Can I travel to Vietnam right now?” it’s important to be up-to-date about Vietnam’s current state regarding the COVID-19.
Generally speaking, Vietnam is managing the pandemic well. It is one of the countries with the lowest number of infectious and fatal rates.
Since the beginning of 2021, infected cases are closely supervised by the Government; most if not all of which are immediately quarantined after being reported.
Schools, businesses, and so much as events are more or less back to normal. However, it is the “new normal” as anti-pandemic measures such as wearing masks, disinfecting, or restricting people gathering are still strictly applied.
During the first pandemic period, all tourist destinations in Vietnam were closed. Foreign tourists weren’t granted entry visas, and domestic travel was also prohibited.
Since the beginning of 2021, Vietnam’s tourism industry has prospered. Currently, revenue mainly comes from domestic tourism as the opening policies haven’t been implemented yet.
However, the COVID-19 lockdown period is an opportunity for businesses and tourist destinations to renovate, innovate, and improve their infrastructures. The Vietnamese tourism industry is ready to welcome travelers from all over the world with better service quality.
Travel Policies For Tourism In Vietnam?
The Government has enacted some policies for tourism to be on par with the constantly changing updates on the SARS-CoV-2 worldwide.
From March 22, 2020, Vietnam temporarily suspends entry for all foreigners until further notice. The Government has implemented this policy to prevent the COVID-19 from spreading, and all cases of illegal entry will be strictly handled under the legislation.
Vietnam Visa policies still grant entry to experts, researchers, and other vital lines of work. The main condition is that they must have a certificate from their host country and the health check confirmation.
Additionally, Vietnam is considering allowing entry for vaccinated people with a “vaccine passport” – something
Israel and China are deploying now.
However, this approach is only possible in the next few months, when more people have gotten the jabs, and the situation is more controlled and stable. Last but not least, the RT-PCR test is the prerequisite.
Some questions from citizens with the most powerful passports in the world are “Can Singaporean travel to Vietnam now” or “Can US citizens travel to Vietnam now.” Simply put, these regulations apply to all countries in the world.
- No matter “when will Vietnam open to tourism,” cautious regulations are compulsory, and you must strictly comply with them.
- Depending on the circumstances, quarantine days and requirements will vary. Most foreign tourists will stay in quarantine from 14 to 21 days or longer if needed.
- All passengers on flights from abroad to Vietnam are required to undergo a health check at the airport immediately upon entry.
- After entering, passengers will be gathered at the state-regulated concentrated quarantine location for 14 to 21 days.
Anyone who has signs of cough, fever, shortness of breath, and other typical symptoms needs to report to the authorities swiftly for timely resolution.
What Should Travellers Pay Attention To?
Although no one can ensure anything about “When will Vietnam open to tourism?” you should be aware of what to prepare for a trip to Vietnam.
Before The Trip
Before the departure, you will want to prepare the following steps as thoroughly as possible:
- Acquire the health check: It’s best if you can do it twice. The first time is about 30 days before starting your trip, and the second one is seven days in advance.
- Ensure you’re healthy: Cancel your tickets or booking if you have symptoms such as cough, fever, flu, and others.
Prepare all your identification: They will be helpful for verification in case of emergencies.
- Be mindful of your Embassy’s location in Vietnam: You will receive full support if you can’t return on time or face some problems.
- Have the medical reporting agency information: Whenever you have any abnormal signs, immediately contacting authorities is compulsory.
During Your Stay
- Now you’ve arrived in Vietnam, what should you do next?
- Comply with pandemic prevention regulations.
- Maintain social distancing and prevent gathering in crowded places.
- Always wear masks when going out.
- Wash your hand with soaps or antiseptic alcohol regularly.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Eat well-cooked food only.
- Note down your schedule.
After The Trip
- In return from Vietnam, don’t forget to carry out precautionary measures and protect you and your family from being infected:
- Acquire the health declaration.
- Self-quarantine at home within 14 days to 21 days (if you aren’t required to attend concentrated quarantine).
- Closely observe your health status.
- Immediately report to authorities when you notice abnormal symptoms.
When will Vietnam open borders for tourism? It is a hard-to-answer question, and no one can guarantee anything about it.
Although the pandemic is complicated, and many changes can happen in the future, we all hope that the situation in Vietnam will be going on in a positive direction. From there, the earliest time to welcome tourists can be the fourth quarter of 2021.
Regardless of “when will Vietnam open borders?” don’t forget to adhere to all the regulations and policies to protect your health and the community.