Vietnam is now opened to international travelers! The country has become of of the easiest place to travel after Covid. The key highlights include:
- No quarantine
- No test upon arrival
- No need vaccine proof upon arrival
- Vietnam Visa exemption is applied for 13 countries (see below)
- Citizens from 80 other countries can apply for e-visa to enter Vietnam
Effective from 15 March 2022, Vietnam has fully reopened its borders to international tourism with no quarantine requirements.
- A negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result taken within 72 hours OR a negative rapid antigen method test result within 24 hours before departure.
- Travelers are required to install the PC-COVID mobile application for health monitoring during the trip.
- Medical insurance with a minimum coverage of $10,000 (around EUR 8,800).
- No quarantine – but travelers are required to self-monitor for the first 10 days after arrival and notify medical staff if they have symptoms of COVID.
- Children under two years are exempted from testing.
The above conditions apply to all entries into Vietnam: by air, sea, and land.
The Vietnamese government announced the restoration of visa exemption (15 days) for arrivals from the following 13 countries and territories: Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Citizens of these 13 countries are exempted from visas when entering Vietnam with a temporary stay of 15 days, no matter the passport type and entry purpose.
However, citizens from the list of 80 eligible countries in Vietnam will have to apply for an e-Visa (click here). The visa on arrival would be available in the next few weeks or so.
Absolute Asia Travel team can’t wait to welcome you to Vietnam again soon.